📍 Location: London (Hybrid Remote)
🕛 Job type: Full Time
Who we are
We're a group of restaurant-obsessed foodies with a passion for shifting restaurants from surviving to thriving.
Our purpose is to supercharge restaurant performance and our mission explains how we’re going to do just that. We believe that every restaurant operator should know what’s going on in their business and what they can do to optimise their performance.
We are backed by Techstars and leading Silicon Valley venture capitalists and this is an epic opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, exciting start-up with a huge amount of growth potential.
Tenzo team in numbers: 4 offices, 14 nationalities, 31 Tenzonians.
Diversity and Inclusion
Tenzo is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or disability status.
About the role
You’ll be joining our Engineering team, specifically our APA (Analyse Predict & Act) Team. This team is responsible for building the front-end and back-end components of our Restaurant management and sales forecasting applications. As a Senior Developer, you’ll be reporting directly to the Head of Engineering and acting as the front-end expert of our team.
Our Tech Stack:
Our APA team works with React / React Native, Python (Django, Django REST framework, pandas), Docker, Postgresql, Airflow, Redis, Kafka, CircleCI & Terraform for deployment, AWS (RDS, Elasticache, EC2, ECS, Fargate, Lambda, Batch and more). Our dev tools include JIRA, Sentry, Mixpanel and we use Jest, react-testing-library, Cypress for testing.
- Collaborate closely with our UI/UX designer and other team members to ensure seamless integration of front-end and back-end components.
- Focus on improving user experience, including usability and visual design.
- Implement and maintain consistent UI patterns and components.
- Optimise our web and mobile applications for performance, including fast load times and smooth user interactions. Identify and resolve bottlenecks and performance issues.
- Helps us maintain and improve our React components library.
- Develop and implement testing strategies, including unit, integrations, and end-to-end testing. Debug and resolve issues, ensuring a smooth and bug-free user experience.
- Act as a mentor to other developers with less experience in front-end technologies, providing guidance and support.
- Collaborate closely with our PM and the other team members to provide valuable insights for accurate work estimation, contributing to realistic project timelines.
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills and previous experience collaborating in a cross-functional team, including UI/UX and Product teams.
- You have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot and debug issues efficiently.
- You possess knowledge of responsive design and mobile-first development and have experience with PWA (progressive web application).
- You are skilled at breaking down complex software development tasks into smaller, manageable chunks, facilitating efficient implementation.
- You are curious and enthusiastic with a drive to constantly learn and acquire new knowledge.
- You have previous experience mentoring others and you’re always looking to improve yourself and others around you through knowledge sharing.
Other skills that could be beneficial but are not required:
- Experience with mobile app development using React Native.
- Previous experience with core components of our technology stack such as MUI, Python, Postgres and AWS.
If you’re excited about what we’re doing, get in touch – even if you don’t tick every box!
Work perks and benefits
Tenzo is committed to improving the general well-being of our team members. As our 'Passionate about our people' value states: we aim to create a supportive and diverse environment for our people to grow. Working as part of a small team, you will benefit from a level of responsibility from the get-go. We also commit to a dedicated time for personal development and clear career progression in an exciting time of growth and development of the company.
- 💻 Tenzo Swag
We’ll hook you up with workstation perks, Macbook and all software needed on your first day!
🏡 Work from Home
You'll receive a £75 work from home set-up budget, which renews every year
- 🕰️ Flexible Working
A minimum of 2 days a week in the London office, plus any additional days such as trade shows, team quarterly meet-ups
- 🍼 Enhanced Parental Leave
Having a child is an exciting time in anyone’s life. Tenzo is an inclusive employer, meaning we support all types of families equally.
- 📈 Stock Options
Eligibility to our stock options program
- 💰 Pension
ESG pension scheme
- 🍴Customer Lunches
Every month we plan a team lunch at one of our customer’s restaurants
- ⛰️Tenzo Offsite
A chance to meet fellow team members from all over the world at our annual team offsite
- 👓 Your Eyesight
We cover tests and contribute £75 to spectacles (or equivalent in local currency)
- 💗 Your Development
Dedicated time for personal & professional development (we’re supportive of external L&D resources when needed) and monthly lunch and learns
🌴 Annual Leave
21.5 days of holiday (increasing to 23.5 after 2 years and 25.5 after 3 years tenure)
✈️ Work Abroad
Seeking a change in environment? Enjoy up to 2 weeks during the UK summertime working abroad!
Monthly events both in person and virtually!
Please note: exclusively no recruiter emails for this role. We have established recruitment partnership agreements in place and no need to work with additional recruitment partners at this time.