📍Location: London (Hybrid Remote)
🕛Job type: Full time
Who we are
Tenzo is an analytics and AI forecasting platform with the mission of making restaurants as successful and sustainable as possible.
We are at the beginning of our growth with customers in 20 countries and 3 times as many signed locations as we were in 2021. We’re looking to supercharge this growth, getting real-time data into the hands of restaurant teams to make them more successful.
Using advanced analytics and big data techniques, we improve performance across a restaurant's operations, focusing on labour optimisation, customer experience, and accurate demand forecasting.
We are backed by Techstars and leading Silicon Valley venture capitalists and this is an epic opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, exciting start-up with a huge amount of growth potential.
Diversity and Inclusion
Tenzo is an equal-opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or disability status.
About the role
We’re building the world’s first “predictive mobile-first business intelligence platform”. As we grow, we’re looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to help our company scale. This means we need experts in ETL, data visualisation, machine learning and slick enterprise product development.
We’re looking for someone who has the enthusiasm to face challenging problems, help us build new features, and drive to deliver a high-quality product to our customers. You should have experience doing this in other roles and are ready to help bring mentorship and more senior expertise to the team. Have a look at our tech blog for more insight into the work we do at Tenzo.
- Python (Django, Django REST framework, pandas)
- React / React Native
- CircleCI & Terraform for deployment
- AWS (RDS, Elasticache, EC2, ECS, Fargate, Lambda, Batch and more)
- Dev tools including JIRA, Sentry, Mixpanel
- You should be able to seamlessly jump from back-end to front-end development, and a machine-learning background definitely helps
- In addition to understanding the core technologies, we are looking for someone to help us shape the engineering team and overall company culture
- Help us think through business-critical issues like security, reliability and scalability
- Actively participate in day-to-day mentorship of more junior team members
- Improve our overall development practices e.g., test-driven development, quality assurance, code review and pair programming
- Help improve our sprint process and overall team velocity
- Minimum of 4 years experience working in software development
- Experience in multiple areas within core components of our technology stack: React, REST APIs, Django, Pandas, Postgres and AWS.
- Keen to learn and happy to roll up your sleeves
- Played a mentorship role for more junior colleagues in the past
- Great communication skills and an ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Enthusiasm for writing production-quality code in Python 3
- A focus on producing clean, testable, maintainable code
Work perks and benefits
Tenzo is committed to improving the general well-being of our team members. As our 'Passionate about our people' value states: we aim to create a supportive and diverse environment for our people to grow. Working as part of a small team, you will benefit from a level of responsibility from the get-go. We also commit to a dedicated time for personal development and clear career progression in an exciting time of growth and development of the company.
- 💻 Tenzo Swag
We’ll hook you up with workstation perks, Macbook and all software needed on your first day!
- 🏡 Work from Home
You'll receive a £75 work from home set up budget, which renews every year
- 🕰️ Flexible Working
We follow a hybrid working model, 1 day in the office and the rest is flexible
- 📈 Stock Options
Eligibility to our stock options program
- 💰 Pension
ESG pension scheme
- 🚇 Office Location
WeWork Marylebone - North West House, 119 Marylebone Rd, London NW1 5PU
- 🍴Customer Lunches
Every month we plan a team lunch at one of our customer’s restaurants
- 👓 Your Eyesight
We cover tests and contribute £75 to spectacles (or equivalent in local currency)
- 💗 Your Development
Dedicated time for personal & professional development (we’re supportive of external L&D resources when needed) and monthly lunch and learns
- 🌴 Annual Leave
20 days of holiday (increasing to 22 after 1 year and 24 after 2 years tenure) and an additional 1 day to celebrate end of year holidays! 🎉
- 🚀 Start-up Life
Working as part of a small team, you benefit from a level of responsibility from the get go
- 🥳 Socials
Monthly events both in person and virtually!
Please note: exclusively no recruiter emails for this role. We have established recruitment partnership agreements in place and no need to work with additional recruitment partners at this time.