📍 Location: London (Hybrid Remote)
🕛 Job type: Full Time
Who we are
Tenzo is an analytics and AI forecasting platform with the mission of making restaurants as successful and sustainable as possible.
We are at the beginning of our growth with customers in 20 countries and 3 times as many signed locations as we were in 2021. We’re looking to supercharge this growth, getting real-time data into the hands of restaurant teams to make them more successful.
Using advanced analytics and big data techniques, we improve performance across a restaurant's operations, focusing on labour optimisation, customer experience, and accurate demand forecasting.
We are backed by Techstars and leading Silicon Valley venture capitalists and this is an epic opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, exciting start-up with a huge amount of growth potential.
Diversity and Inclusion
Tenzo is an equal-opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or disability status
About the role
This is an opportunity to be the first Product Designer at Tenzo and be instrumental in helping us become a design-first business. You'll be responsible for collecting and translating user insights into user-friendly designs that ensure a great customer experience. You will use your creativity and eye for design – along with your technical knowledge to deliver UI mockups, prototypes, MVPs and final products. You'll work cross-function with our product, QA and development teams - while keeping the customer front and centre.
- Helping us create a common design language to use across the Tenzo product
- Embedding this design language, and look and feel, within the next iteration of both our web and mobile products.
- Working with Product to make sure we incorporate the customer perspective in this design: using workshops and interviews as required
- Creating wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps and screen flows
- Producing wireframes (mock-up designs) of a user journey including interface, delivery mechanism and feedback loop
- Designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, widgets and mock-ups
- Collaborating with Developers to create intuitive, user-friendly software
- Analysing user feedback and data, to iterate design and enhance the user experience
- You know how to distil simplicity from complex user requirements
- You have worked with design systems, and helped translate them into end-user products
- You have experience working across product, engineering and design teams
- You know how to use the tools like Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD
- You have experience with user research and translating insights from research to your designs
- You have great communication skills both when interfacing with customers as well as when working with your team
- You are flexible, decisive and you know how to put your ego aside and focus on the needs of the customer
- You're eager to improve your UI/UX skills
- You're good at hearing and implementing feedback
Work perks and benefits
Tenzo is committed to improving the general well-being of our team members. As our 'Passionate about our people' value states: we aim to create a supportive and diverse environment for our people to grow. Working as part of a small team, you will benefit from a level of responsibility from the get-go. We also commit to dedicated time for personal development and clear career progression in an exciting time of growth and development of the company.
- 💻 Tenzo Swag
We’ll hook you up with workstation perks, Macbook and all software needed on your first day!
- 🏡 Work from Home
You'll receive a £75 work from home set up budget, which renews every year
- 🕰️ Flexible Working
1 day a week in the office on Wednesdays, plus any additional days that you are expected to come in more. E.g. onboarding period, trade shows, team quarterly meet-ups and annual offsite
- 📈 Stock Options
Eligibility to our stock options program
- 💰 Pension
ESG pension scheme
- 🚇 Office Location
WeWork Marylebone - North West House, 119 Marylebone Rd, London NW1 5PU
- 🍴Customer Lunches
Every month we plan a team lunch at one of our customer’s restaurants
- ⛰️Tenzo Offsite
A chance to meet fellow team members from all over the globe at our annual offsite
- 👓 Your Eyesight
We cover tests and contribute £75 to spectacles (or equivalent in local currency)
- 💗 Your Development
Dedicated time for personal & professional development (we’re supportive of external L&D resources when needed) and monthly lunch and learns
- 🌴 Annual Leave
20 days of holiday (increasing to 22 after 1 year and 24 after 2 years tenure) and an additional 1 day to celebrate end of year holidays! 🎉
- 🚀 Start-up Life
Working as part of a small team, you benefit from a level of responsibility from the get go
- 🥳 Socials
Monthly events both in person and virtually!
Please note: exclusively no recruiter emails for this role. We have established recruitment partnership agreements in place and no need to work with additional recruitment partners at this time.