📍 Location: London (Hybrid Remote)
🕛 Job type: Full time
Who we are
Tenzo is an analytics and AI forecasting platform with the mission of making restaurants as successful and sustainable as possible.
We are at the beginning of our growth with customers in 20 countries and 3 times as many signed locations as we were in 2021. We’re looking to supercharge this growth, getting real-time data into the hands of restaurant teams to make them more successful.
Using advanced analytics and big data techniques, we improve performance across a restaurant's operations, focusing on labour optimisation, customer experience, and accurate demand forecasting.
We are backed by Techstars and leading Silicon Valley venture capitalists and this is an epic opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, exciting start-up with a huge amount of growth potential.
Diversity and Inclusion
Tenzo is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or disability status.
About the role
We’re looking for a Business Development Representative to join our sales team. Your mission will be to help triple the number of restaurant groups that Tenzo works with. You will get a regular flow of inbound leads (both from our Marketing and Partnership teams) that you will take through the sales process - from the discovery call to closing the sale and handing it over to our customer success team.
You’ll have the freedom to think outside the box so you’ll need to be self-dependent and really organised. If you consider yourself to be curious, creative and bold, as well as a natural people-person who’s great at building rapport, we would love to hear from you!
- Client handling from the moment of lead generation, through to qualification
- Call handling and objection handling to qualify leads to sales
- Efficient CRM database management (Salesforce)
- Qualify leads through a number of methods (Phone predominantly, email, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Engage, excite and schedule clients for further consultations in sales
- Discover important pain points and understand the needs of our targets
- Become an expert in the restaurant technology ecosystem market
- Work closely with marketing and sales to qualify leads, feedback success and failure
- 2+ years of sales experience including leading teams, with a focus on a consultative approach
- Extensive experience selling in a fast paced and competitive market
- A goal oriented, driven and disciplined approach who is skilled in managing time and resources
- The agility to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment and ability to establish credibility with internal and external stakeholders
- An understanding of data analytics and the value of data in the workplace / in business
- Proven background of achieving or exceeding targets
- Consultative mindset
- Passionate, confident and assertive team player
- Bonus if you have hospitality experience and can speak more than one language!
Work perks and benefits
Tenzo is committed to improving the general well-being of our team members. As our 'Passionate about our people' value states: we aim to create a supportive and diverse environment for our people to grow. Working as part of a small team, you will benefit from a level of responsibility from the get-go. We also commit to a dedicated time for personal development and clear career progression in an exciting time of growth and development of the company.
- 💻 Tenzo Swag
We’ll hook you up with workstation perks, Macbook and all software needed on your first day!
- 🏡 Work from Home
You'll receive a £75 work from home set up budget, which renews every year
- 🕰️ Flexible Working
We follow a hybrid working model, 1 day in the office and the rest is flexible
- 📈 Stock Options
Eligibility to our stock options program
- 💰 Pension
ESG pension scheme
- 🚇 Office Location
WeWork Marylebone - North West House, 119 Marylebone Rd, London NW1 5PU
- 🍴Customer Lunches
Every month we plan a team lunch at one of our customer’s restaurants!
- 💗 Your Development
Dedicated time for personal & professional development (we’re supportive of external L&D resources when needed) and monthly lunch and learns
- 🌴 Annual Leave
20 days of holiday (increasing to 22 after 1 year and 24 after 2 years tenure)
- 🚀 Start-up Life
Working as part of a small team, you benefit from a level of responsibility from the get go
- 🥳 Socials
Monthly events both in person and virtually!
Please note: exclusively no recruiter emails for this role. We have established recruitment partnership agreements in place and no need to work with additional recruitment partners at this time.